Friday, March 30, 2007

Spring Break: Days 3 and 4

Yesterday was day 3. I went to the mall in the morning to return the dress that I bought on day 2. After eating lunch at the food court, I walked around the mall for an hour and a half. Other than a lot of exercise, I came home with nothing. Once I got home, I alternated doing things around the house and working on my tennis ranking on the wii. I was finally able to get it up to pro level. Steve is still several hundred points ahead of me, so I still need some work before I will be able to beat him.
We dropped the boy off at my parent's house around 5:30 and we went to eat at Zeko's in Mocksville. Steve had a stromboli and I had chicken fettucine alfredo. Both were very good. That was the first time we had ever eaten there. I am sure we will go back again soon!! :)
After Zeko's we went to Food Lion to buy food for the boy. He eats seven, yes SEVEN, containers of baby food a day, not including cereal and formula/b-milk. He is definitely an expensive habit, but I think we will keep him! After Food Lion we decided to check out Peebles. We had never been there either. Once again, I walked around for a long time and found nothing. Steve, on the other hand, scored a jacket, jeans, shirt and a belt. We also bought one outfit for the boy.
Day 3 complete. Day 4 begins....
This morning I packed up Josiah and we went to Clayton, NC to visit my friend Becky that just had her baby last week. It was a lot of fun seeing her and her sweet little one. Josiah was good until we got there and then he started getting squealy, a sure sign that his teeth are bothering him. I gave him some tylenol at her house and he seemed to settle down. On the way home he slept for about the first hour. Then he screamed for 30 minutes straight and since I was driving on I-40 in rush hour traffic there wasn't a whole lot I could do about it. Finally, traffic wasn't so heavy and I was able to feel around and find his pacifier and put it in his mouth. (Dangerous to do while driving, I know!! What other option did I have??) He went back to sleep but woke up screaming at least two more times before we got home. Granted, the screaming spells were not as long as the first one, but I was getting pretty tired of that sound by this time.

After a quick dinner with Steve and a change of clothes, we made Josiah a character on the wii and he played his first game of bowling. (He did try tennis the other night under a guest). Here are the pictures and him proudly pointing out his score of 43.




No comments: