Monday, March 5, 2007

Old Friends

Saturday night Steve and I drove to Mebane to see a friend of mine that I had not seen in 8 years. She is a Hungarian girl that is from Romania. I met her when she had come to the States to learn some English. This was probably around 13 years ago. When I was in Romania one summer I saw her there and spent some time with her. There was an American guy who was a missionary there that was interested in her. She was interested in him too, but her parents were not for the relationship, so she called it off. The guy came back home and she started dating someone else. She was almost engaged to the Hungarian guy, and the American guy heard that she WAS engaged. He got on a plane and went over there to convince her that she should not marry the Hungarian guy, but him instead. Her parents finally agreed to this, and they had a civil ceremony in Hungary. They flew back here to the States. She called me on a Wednesday and asked me to be in her wedding that Saturday. That was 10 years ago in December.

Steve, Josiah and I had a nice visit with Erika and her husband and two kids. Hopefully they will be coming here soon to visit us. Then we will have more time to catch up.

No comments: