Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Today's news

First of all, let me say that last night while Steve and I were playing the wii we heard a crying sound. I have heard this sound before. I opened the back door and sure enough there it was again much louder than before. It was the coyotes. They are back again. We haven't heard them since Thanksgiving. I hope that their crying was because of the siren that went down the road and not because they caught and ate another deer.

Today was a good day. I got a lot of things accomplished around the house. I think that I am finished making icing. (thank goodness!) I have enough left from today for the kids to use to finish their cakes. They should be done with them by Friday. Then we will move on to laundry and after that, baby care. I think I am going to take Josiah in and have them give him a bath. That should be funny.

Our neighbors came for dinner tonight. They are an older couple, probably close to 70. I made dinner. Barbecue chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed broccoli, yeast rolls and a cherry dump cake. I have to say that it all turned out pretty good. There is even a few left overs to eat again later! :) After dinner we showed them how to play the wii. It was a lot of fun. People who are older don't have reactions as quick as we do, so it took them a while to get the timing down. Once they did, they had a lot of fun. After they left, I took the wii fitness test. I got a 51 today. It was because I had to hit the tennis ball at the targets. I am very good at that one. I had a 37 yesterday. I think I need to practice more.

Tomorrow is my day off! Yippee! Steve is coming home for lunch. I have a meeting at school at 3:30. They have to talk about what to do if there is a disaster. Tomorrow night is "girls night out" at Applebees and I am really looking forward to that!! I want a maple blondie!! :) (Not that I really need one.)

2 comments:

sarah said...

just so you know:

1. yes, it's 3 am.
2. the YOUNGER your wii fitness age, the better. :)

sarah

~stevesgurl~ said...

Yeah, I know....I definitely need to work on my score. Sounds like you had a rough night!