Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Itch

Okay....it is official now. I have been feeling it coming on for the last couple of weeks, but now I know. It is here. I have the itch. No, it isn't dandruff or poison ivy. It is the "I'm ready for summer" itch. I think the warm couple of days we have had have brought it completely out of me. I am ready for school to be over. I am ready to be outside. I am ready just for summer. I know we have to go through spring first, and that is fine with me. I just like the days getting warmer and the sun shining.

Of course, what hasn't helped is that we are doing cake decorating in Home Ec. class right now. It is tons of fun, when you are the one doing it. But I have been busy supervising, making the frosting, lugging all the stuff to school, cleaning all the stuff in the evenings....it is tough only having 45 minutes to do things at school. I try to make it as fun for the kids and sometimes that means I have to sacrifice a little bit of my own time at home for them. I don't mind...too much!! :) Tonight will be fun though. Steve is gone to a seminar in Greensboro (and to eat at Smokey Bones...one of my favorites *sniff*sniff*). I am going to make a fresh batch of buttercream and decorate some of the cupcakes I made for tomorrow's class myself. It will be fun. I think I am going to make one a lady bug. I might even post some pics when I am done.

Well off to the cupcakes, dinner and American Idol.....see you later! :)

1 comment:

sarah said...

Yeah! A good entry!

I have the itch, too. I want school to be over. I'm DREADING going back. As you know. But, it will fly by, and summer will be here in no time at all!