Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Helmet Boy

So, today we take Josiah to Baptist Hospital to get his head checked out. The pediatrician told us at his last appointment that one side of his head is flatter than the other in the back so we should have it checked out. That is what we did. First they put a pantyhose sock on his head and took some pictures. He looked like a little criminal. Then they added yellow sunglasses and took a laser scanner, much like a scanner that they use in the grocery store, and made a 3D image of his head. On the computer he looked much like a cyber baby. You could see the outline of his pacifier in the image. It was pretty cool. The verdict: he is going to wear a helmet. Probably for a couple of months. It really doesn't look too bad on him. It is Carolina blue. I will probably go find some UNC stickers that I can decorate it with. So far he doesn't even really seem to notice that it is on him. I know that before this, the uninformed person that I was, assumed that a child had some kind of weird abnormality when I saw them in the store with a helmet on their head. I guess now it is time for other people to think that of my child. No matter what he has to wear on his head, I still think he is adorable and love him all the same. Take a look at the pic and see what you think.....

1 comment:

sarah said...

He seems to LOVE the helmet. I'm sure he'd rather wear a helmet for a few months before age one, than to have a misshaped head his whole life. I'm not sure that misshaped is a word. :)