Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"Sleeping in"

I decided today, since I really don't have anything to do, that I would "sleep in". It isn't exactly like your regular sleeping in, but it is a system I have developed post Josiah's birth that I break out every now and then. Today seemed like the perfect day since I woke up kind of tired. This is how it goes. First you get up at 8:00 when the boy wakes up, feed him breakfast and change his diaper. Then you put the boy in the "big bed", on a blanket of course, and play with him for a little while. He loves the little monkey puppet we have and if you pretend that the monkey puppet is hugging him, he just giggles and giggles. It is so much fun. After a while, he gets tired and falls asleep at which time you also fall asleep. I consider this sleeping in, because you haven't officially gotten up, taken a shower and put your clothes on. The only problem today was that they boy slept really good last night and he wasn't interested in falling back asleep. He played with my hair, my eyes, my lips. He threw his pacifier around. He smacked and smacked on my pillow. He made all of his little sounds. Once, I thought I saw his eyes close, but then I moved on the bed, and he woke up again. After about an hour of this, he really started whining louder. So I decided maybe it was best if I just took him up to his own bed to see if he would go to sleep. Sure enough. I stuck him in his crib, covered him with his blanket, turned on the music, and before you knew it....he was asleep. By this time, I was already up out of bed and it was pointless to get back in, so I gave up and took a shower. Now I am officially up for the day ready for whatever tasks may be in front of me.

1 comment:

sarah said...

i wonder what sleeping in feels like. today i slept in until 3 am. :)

i hope i can do applebees tonight. so far, the day has been good.