Tuesday, July 3, 2007

"Tish!! Tish!!"

The monster has come and gone and my sweet son has finally returned. For those of you who know Josiah, you might be thinking that he is always a sweet child. Well, I wish I could say that was true, but for a couple of very LONG days I wasn't sure I would ever see that sweet child again. You see, I made a BIG mistake. I have been trying to convert him over to eating table food. We are going on an Alaskan cruise at the end of the month and didn't really feel like lugging eight days worth of baby food in my luggage so that he would have something to eat. (Just so you know, on a typical day, Josiah can eat 8 containers of baby food, not including snacks.) I figure, if I could get him eating table food, there would be plenty of options on the cruise to pick from. So, I did what every normal mother does, give their child different foods to try. He has had tomatoes, mushrooms, peas, green beans, and all kinds of fruit. He absolutely loves spaghetti! Then I gave him goldfish. You know, those little cheese crackers that are shaped like fish. All kids eat them, and they are fine. There must be something in them that affected my son temporarily. They turned him into a fish eating monster. He refused to eat his meals. "Tish!", he would say and fuss until I gave him some. "Tish!", he said when I went to get him up from his nap. There were wails and tears when he ran out of them at the swimming pool. In between his anger and frustration, you could clearly hear him calling, "Tish!!" Enough is enough. We could not take it anymore. Steve banned me from giving him anymore "Tish" until he got over his addiction. After a couple of days in rehab, I am happy to say that our son is no longer a "Tish" addict. He now eats his meals and when he is finished he gets some "Tish" as a reward if he eats all of his food. He doesn't scream when they are gone, but just makes the all done sign and smiles. Look at this smiling face. Who would have known those little crackers could make someone so happy(or turn them into such a terrible monster!).


3 comments:

sarah said...

ok. on one hand, i find it completely hilarious that you got to experience a few days of monster-ness.

on another hand, i am glad that you have experienced this before me and that i can learn from your tish exploits.

if i had a third hand, congrats on getting the boy back to his normal, sweet and happy self!

any walking yet?

Jude said...

"I wish for fish" haha... :)

sarah said...

upon a second inspection of the picture of your cute boy, i noticed the chick magnet shirt. nice.