Sunday, July 22, 2007

Strawsipper

After an incredibly busy week that started off with two doctors appointments on Monday, with a little bit of time at Steve's office answering the phones squeezed in between, buying a new washer and dryer (and this is just Monday), followed by more work at the office, an eye doctor's appointment, a playdate with an old friend and her four kids, dinner with the pastor and his wife, dinner with a friend, shopping for formal clothes for the cruise, and getting ready for my parents retirement party and actually having the retirement party....
... I was able to sit down with the boy tonight and feed him some steamed broccoli and carrots. It was rather enjoyable. I could relax and sing him silly songs and make faces at him without having to worry about what was the next thing on my list. After a while, he got tired of the broccoli, so I decided to make his meal a bit more interesting by giving him water from a straw. We learned a while back that he loves it when you stick a straw in water, put your finger on top of the straw to hold it there, and then let it go into his mouth. I did this a few times, and then I decided not to take my finger off the straw and see if he could figure out how to get the water out by sucking on it. He did! So, the next step was to put the straw in the cup and see if he could drink from it. Sure enough, after a few seconds of just chewing on the straw, I felt the coolness of the water go up the straw. Josiah had so much fun and you could tell he was so proud of himself! By the time he was finished he had consumed a whole glass of water!!
Of course, afterwards we had to put him on the potty to see if he would go. Let me just say, he got a treat tonight!! :)

1 comment:

sarah said...

What a big little man you have!

Now that you're not busy, we will have to hang out, indeed. We're free tomorrow afternoon, if you want to do something fun.

We missed church because my brother had a really rough night and I was letting him sleep (not to mention recovering a little bit myself). I know, we're slack....

My boy is 6 months old tomorrow!!