Saturday, July 7, 2007

Overambitious. Maybe just a little.

So you know those mother's that try to get their kids to learn everything and do everything early. Well, typically, I am not one of those. I do try to teach Josiah things and help his development along, but I am not obsessive about it. Usually. After talking with a friend the other day who had two little boys, I decided to try to start making Josiah aware that he is going to have to use a potty. She said that if you start using the language with him and then show him how to sit on the potty, it makes it a lot easier. So, that is what I started doing about once a day. Yesterday, I was feeding Josiah breakfast when I realized that he was using the bathroom in his diaper. I quickly grabbed him out of his high chair, ran to the bathroom, whipped the diaper off and sat him on the toilet. I was concientious enough to make sure that Mr. Winky was pointed down.

Josiah used the bathroom in the potty.
It successfully went between the seat and the toilet and all over me.

We bought a potty chair yesterday with a guard.
That is what I get for being overambitious.

3 comments:

Jude said...

um, okay. if you get him trained at this age, i will write a book about you. seriously. :) Em is doing okay, but I am waiting until all the summer traveling is done before I give up the diapers altogether. And remember, into everyone's life a little pee must fall. (or be squirted.)

sarah said...

isaac poops in the tub. is that close?

sarah said...

also, we can't wait to hang out with you guys!