Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Happy Birthday, Josiah!

Josiah turned one today. We had such fun. Steve's parents have been here since Saturday so they could be here for the special event. We decided to have a small party today to celebrate his birthday with just us and the grandparents. He is having his big party on Saturday. He was being quite the ham today. I almost think he understood that today was a special day.

We started off with a his cake that I made for him. It was a almond cornbread pound cake with a mascarpone cream filling and strawberries on top. (No, Sarah, it was not from the Food Network. It was MarthaStewart.com!! haha) Basically, it was just a fancy strawberry shortcake. And it was very tasty!! We did manage to get a quick picture of Josiah with it before he decided to dig in. It is the only picture I managed to take of it whole and it is a little blurry

His favorite part was the strawberries on top. There were five whole medium-sized strawberries. He picked them off, one by one, and ate them whole. Here is a funny picture of one stuffed in his mouth. (Once again, it is blurry.)

He did eat a bite or two of the cake, but he wasn't too interested in eating it.

It was more fun to take the cake, mush it up, and smear it around on the high chair tray. He was pretty hard to get cleaned up after this. I think he is still a little greasy feeling!

After a quick cleanup, it was on to the present. My parents already had give us his present - a toybox. We had it set up in the living room. He loves to open and shut the lid. It is amazing how the littlest things can entertain them for the longest time.
Here is a picture of Josiah with Nana and Papaw and the toy box.

Grandma and Grandpa Brown (Steve's mom and stepdad) gave Josiah a book and some big legos. They were a hit too!
Here is a picture of Josiah with Grandma and Grandpa and the amazing lego tower he built.

Oh wait, were the legos really for Josiah, or were they more for Steve?? :)

Steve and I gave him a little grand piano. He loved it!! I am so excited and hope he will be interested in music someday.

My little Schroeder!

And, yes, I did take all the pictures and that is why I am not in any. But I am on the video that Steve took! :)











5 comments:

sarah said...

Looks like Josiah had fun at the family party! Isaac and I can't wait for the friend party! He's taking a nap now, to get all rested up for it. :)

I hope that the cake for the friend party is as tasty looking (and sounding) as the MS.com cake! :)

We can't come to Chipotle on Friday. I'm babysitting my nephew at 12. You can always stop by and see us?!?

Brad said...

I heard Steve talk about this on the radio this morning!

Jude said...

Aw, I love those messy baby cake shots! Happy Birthday Josiah! (and yes, I think Steve likes the blocks alot!!)

Anonymous said...

It looks like Christmas at your house! I am glad that Josiah had such a great birthday! We can't wait to see him to help him celebrate even more. (I wonder how a one year old brain processes all the excitement of his first birthday. It must be a little confusing [but fun] having a bunch of people singing to you and handing over presents out of the blue, not to mention the cake destruction!)

sarah said...

this blog was soooo long ago!
i think josiah is almost two now.