Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Success (times two)

After the peeing incident, I went out and bought Josiah a potty. It is really cute. It is called the Royal Throne. When you pee in it, it rewards you with music. At first he realy didn't like to sit on it, but now he really seems to enjoy sitting there. He sings songs to himself and makes the "sssss" sound. (We are actually making that sound to try to get him to pee, but he just repeats it back to us. What a copycat!)

Monday night, we put him on the potty. I told Steve he should turn the water on. That is what they always do in the doctors office when they want you to pee in a cup. So Steve turned the water on, and ta da....there came the music. I was so excited. I am sure Josiah had no idea what was going on.

We tried it again yesterday, without the water. Success once more. This time he heard the music playing. I think after a few times he might get the idea of what he is supposed to do. I am sure he will not be potty trained in the next couple of months, but maybe this will help heighten his awareness of it.

Well, I am off to work on birthday dinner....the mister is one today! Unbelievable. More on that later....

2 comments:

sarah said...

happy birthday to josiah.....

Jude said...

I would like a potty throne myself... no one gives me anything for going!