Friday, July 27, 2007

Alaska...here we come!

Tomorrow morning bright and early we are leaving for Alaska. Steve's stepmom is turning 70 next week and for her birthday they are taking everyone one a cruise! How silly is that?? I thought we were the ones that were supposed to buy the present!! I am not complaining though and I am very grateful for the opportunity.
After much time spent shopping for the right formal dress, backpack, pants, etc. I think I am finally ready to start putting it all into a suitcase. So far, my piles of clothes aren't that extremely massive. My goal is to take just one big suitcase, even if it has to be the biggest one!
As for the boy, well, I spent the morning pulling out his winter clothes for next year and trying them on him to see which ones may fit for the trip. Some of them are a little big, but they will have to do since all of his other pants are a wee bit small! I am definitely not investing in pants that he will wear for a week and then outgrow! He is eating almost all table foods now.(He had pizza last night and loved it!!), so that is a good thing. I don't know how we would carry enough food for him to eat for a week. We do have to take food for the trips up there and back, and that is enough!!
Well, it is back to laundry and packing....there are computers on the cruise ship so I will try to update every now and then!! (Just for you Sarah and Kim!! Kim, that means you need to leave me a comment!! haha)
Ciao!!

No comments: