Thursday, April 12, 2007

What an afternoon!

I don't know what happened at 3:30....but it sure wasn't a good thing. I have decided try "mystery shopping" on the side every now and then. Today was my first shop at Harris Teeter. You can't write notes in the store, so I had written down just a few brief instructions on my "grocery list". Unfortunately, I didn't list everything that I was supposed to do or notice while I was in the store. I didn't realize it until I got home and was filling out the survey form online. After being a bit frustrated over my lack of competence, I decided to take a break and go over to my parents' house to drop off some food for Josiah. I left the form up on the computer screen, hopped on the lawn mower so I could get their more quickly and headed out. I put my bottle of water along with the garage door opener in the cup holder of the lawn mower. I noticed on the way that the mower wasn't going as fast as I remembered last time, but figured I just had some lever in the wrong place. When I got off at my parents and started to head in the house, I looked back and the mower and realized that the front tire was flat. That is why it was going to slow. I go in the house, call Steve and he came to look at it and try to fix it. There was nothing that could be done. He had to call Sears and set up an appointment to get it fixed. He pushed the mower off the driveway onto the grass and I went to get the garage door opener and water out of the cup. The garage door opener was missing. I had to walk all the way from my parents house to ours looking for it in the grass. I couldn't find it. Steve decided to backtrack from our house to my parents, and he was able to find it about a third of the way there. I was so relieved. I then came in the house and decided to try to finish the survey and send it in to Harris Teeter. As I went to sit down at the computer, I realized that while we were gone, the power had gone out. (It had gone off at my parents' house while I was there). The survey that I had filled out part way was gone. Arrgh!!! Well, anyway, I have since calmed down and been able to relax. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for me! Fortunately it is Friday and the weekend will soon be here!!

1 comment:

sarah said...

We went back to the Children's Place. We only got a couple of things, but it was exciting!! Maybe Isaac and Josiah can wear the same outfit someday. Someday before they realize it. :)