Thursday, September 13, 2007

Big day all around!

First of all, today is the four year anniversary of my first date with Steve. For those of you who don't know, we were set up by his 13 year old nephew that was in the youth group that I was working with at church. His nephew Ben along with a couple of his friends who also knew Steve kept telling me that I needed to meet "Uncle Steve" and go out with him. I asked them to tell me about him. They would say that he was about 40 and I would tell them to stop right there. I wasn't about to go out with a guy that was 40!! After all, I was only 29. When I hit 30, my feelings changed. I finally agreed that they could give him my phone number and a few days later he called me. That was September 6th. We talked on the phone for over an hour and by the time the conversation ended, he had scheduled a date for the following Saturday. I was pretty impressed. I had been talking to another guy on the phone for a month who had yet to ask me to meet him! The next Saturday came, and Steve picked me up around noon. We went to the Wake Forest/Purdue football game. I spent a lot of the time talking to Steve rather than watching the game. When the game was over, he took me back to my apartment and continued talking to me outside the door. It was really hot in the stairway, so I invited him in to visit with me and my roommate some more. He talked with my roommate Nicole and I for another hour and a half or so. Then he asked if we were hungry. When we said a little, he proceeded to convince us to let him take both of us out to eat. We agreed. (Free food!) He took us to Cities for dinner and then to his house to play with his game tables. I beat him soundly at foosball. He says that I sandbagged him. That is another story for another time. After beating his head against the wall because of his loss, he took us home. That is how it all started. It is hard to believe that we are where we are today! Absolutely amazing!!

To continue on about this great day......Josiah is walking!! Finally! He officially took his first steps on his own on August 30th. He has taken a couple steps here and there since then. But tonight, for the first time, he has officially branched out on his own. He walked from the refrigerator to the pantry and back three times. He also took several steps on his own while we were at dinner at a friend's house. It won't be long. I can hardly wait! I know everyone says that I will regret it when he is walking, but I think it will make my life easier. For one thing, he doesn't like to wander off on his own. He likes to stay where you are, so I don't think I will be chasing him everywhere. Also, he is getting so very heavy, and I am having a harder and harder time carrying him. It will be nice for him to be walking since I have an ever increasing belly size in front of me over the next few months. Now if we could only get the potty training done..... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Josiah!!! We knew it wouldn't be long.