Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Josiah!

My sweet little boy turned two yesterday. It is so hard to believe. People always say that if you blink, your kids will have grown up. I used to think they were kidding. Now I know what they mean.  Time goes by so quickly and we have such a short time with them.  I am really trying hard to enjoy every moment. Josiah is that joy! He always brings a smile to our faces with something he says or something he does.  I love this little boy soooo much!!
     We started off the day by going to the Children's Museum with Josiah, Nana and Pawpaw, and Josiah's friend Isaac and Isaac's mom Sarah.  Here he is in the car. We had been singing 'Happy Birthday' all morning. I think he is a little bit excited!
    We did lots of fun things at the Children's Museum.  Here is a little sampling:

             Drawing snow men.
"Making Donuts" in the Krispy Kreme shop
(I think this was their favorite!)
"Row, Row, Row your boat" with daddy.
Helping Pawpaw put the balls in the air tube.
Making puzzles with Sarah and Isaac.
Making a picture of a watermelon.
     After the Children's Museum we had lunch a Mary's, Of Course.  We sat outside in the breezeway.  The boys had tons of fun squealing at each other across the table! After lunch, we headed home for some cake.  Josiah had a Diego cake.  Steve told me that Josiah wanted a strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting, so that is what we had.  It was a lot of fun to make, although there were a ton of colors! Mixing them all up and changing tips and bags the whole time wasn't too fun.  I think next year he will get a soccer ball cake -- two colors--black and white!! haha
Here he is after he has just taken a HUGE bite of cake.  He did much better than last year when he just smeared the cake all over his tray! :)     Nana and Pawpaw got him a little vaccuum cleaner.  He loves to vaccuum and it makes it difficult on us if we are vaccuuming and in a hurry to get it done.  So, now he has his own and he can "help" us! Thanks Nana and Pawpaw! :)




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake is fantastic!! I need to hire you to make one for Tessa...

~stevesgurl~ said...

I would be happy to do a cake for Tessa!! My friend Sarah and I make cakes all the time. :)

Pam said...

That cake is amazing! I make cakes all the time, but not the decorating time. If I ever open a shop, maybe I can hire you to decorate!

Where was Zoe through all of this? Did she go to the museum too? Almost every time I try to do something fun with the kids, it turns into a nightmare because of having TWO little kids, and only one of me. It looks like you all had a great time together.

Pam said...

I should have read over that comment before posting...

I meant the decorating KIND.