Monday, October 1, 2007

I don't even know what to title this....

What a day! I am glad it is almost over and that I can go to bed soon! The day didn't start off too bad. The boy, being overtired from a lack of naps and being out late yesterday, slept until 12:20. He might have stayed asleep longer, except I had to get him up for a doctor's appointment. I went upstairs, and when I opened the door, there to my surprise is my son standing in his crib with his pacifier in his mouth and just his shirt on. (Last night we were at a friend's house until late, so when we got home we just put him in bed with his shirt on.) As I neared the crib I noticed that off in the corner was a diaper. I also noticed that the smell of the room got remarkably worse as I neared the crib. Apparently, Josiah at some time had figured out how to take off his diaper. He also managed to wet and poop in his crib, all over his blankets and toys that were in there. He also got poop all over his hands and wiped it up the sides and top of the crib when he stood up. And, to finish it off, he stepped in the poop....with his socks that were left on from last night! I managed to very carefully pick him up and take him downstairs for an immediate bath. A couple of small pieces of poop fell off of him and onto the carpet along the way. I laid him down on the changing pad while I filled the tub, which then had poop smeared all over it. I somehow managed to get his soaked shirt and disgustingly filthy socks off of him and into the washer. I then put him in the bath and scrubbed him down using an unusually large amount of bath gel. The diaper changing pad was then thrown in the washer before the boy was taken out of the bath. I managed to get him clothed and then fed. I gave him some grapes to eat to occupy him while I ran upstairs to take care of the bedding. Upon further inspection of the bed, I realized he also got poop on the bumper. So I removed the sheets, blankets, stuffed animals, bumper and anything else that was in there and ran downstairs to the washer. I decided this was a good time to try out the sanitary cycle on our washer! Three hours of cleaning and super hot water!
Steve spent some time this evening scrubbing the mattress pad and crib to try to remove the poop scent that had been ingrained from the earlier episode. When he dressed the boy for bed tonight, he made sure he put on tight PJ pants!
I just don't understand how these things managed to happen to me and only when Steve isn't home to help!!

1 comment:

jena said...

Oh, I feel for you. With one of our kiddos we resorted to duck taping the diaper before naps and bed time!